If you are planning to buy a new home, there are many factors that you need to consider. One of the most important factors is the type of roofing material that your new home will have. If you are looking for a durable and long lasting roof, then slate may be the best option for you. However, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind when purchasing a home with slate roofing.
1. Slate roofs are heavier than most other types of roofs, so make sure that your home’s framing can support the weight.
2. Slate roofs can be more expensive than other types of roofs, so make sure that you factor this into your budget.
3. Slate roofs require more maintenance than most other types of roofs, so be prepared to do some regular upkeep.
4. Slate roofs can be damaged by severe weather, so make sure that you have a plan in place for repairs if necessary.
5. Slate roofs can last for decades, so make sure that you are prepared for the long-term investment.
If you keep these things in mind, then you should have no problem finding the perfect home with slate roofing. With proper care and maintenance, your slate roof will provide you with many years of beauty and protection. Also, it'd be wise to have it fully inspected by the team of professional roofers.